The conversion to propane is now complete. The new bottle was mounted and the unit lit the first try.
Then I took the opportunity to do some low flame testing and then it was time to season the smoker in preparation of it's first use as a propane smoker.
The smoker came right up to a good tempurature in a short time
next I did a couple quick mods. Added a water drain hole in the bottom pan by drilling a quick hole and tapping the sourrounding area with a chisle to promote proper drainage of any water that may find it's way in the pan
the next quick mod was the addition of a screened chimney cover, we have all sorts of critters out here and the last thing I want to find is a family of critters in the smoker lickin drippings.